our next Senior Pastor
Orcutt Baptist Church is seeking a visionary Senior Pastor who shares our belief that the Bible is God’s word and the foundation on which we stand. We are seeking an individual with experience to lead and guide us spiritually; preach, teach and interpret the scripture; provide pastoral care and counseling; assist with outreach into the community; participate in local and state ministerial associations; and build a multi-generational church through evangelism and outreach.
To glorify God by bringing
people to Jesus and membership in His family; leading them to magnify God
through worship; and equipping and empowering them for ministry
through personal service in the church, community and world.
150 Sunday Worship (average)
180 Sunday School (average • all ages)
Annual Operating Budget $500,000
Church facilities are debt free.
• Blended Worship Services
• Sunday School Classes for all groups and ages
• Sunday Night programming for students and children
• Mid-Week Bible Studies
• Local, Regional, and International Missions
• Adult Ministries (men, women, seniors)
• Student Ministry (6th-12th grade)
• Children’s Ministry (birth-5th grade)
• Music Ministries
• ESL (English as a Second Language)
• Located within easy driving distance of beaches, mountains, and Washington, D.C.
• Increasingly diverse population
• Close proximity to major shopping malls, schools, libraries, and parks
• Near major highways for quick access to all Hampton Roads locations
our next Senior Pastor
• Filled with the Holy Spirit, have an intimate relationship with the Lord, and affirm our core beliefs.
• An accomplished preacher and teacher of the Bible with educational credentials at the Masters level preferred.
• Experienced in the ministry for 5-10 years or more, including experience in a vibrant, growing church.
• A visionary spiritual leader with the ability to communicate, inspire, mobilize, guide, and direct all our ministries.
• A servant-leader who connects with people.
• A mentor, motivator, and compassionate leader for our church staff.
• A role model for the Christ-like life, evangelism, humility, and integrity.
• Preach the gospel and teach the Bible.
• Minister to the needs of our congregation.
• Provide strategic, visionary leadership for our church in all areas of ministry.
• Inspire, mobilize, guide, develop, and evaluate our ministerial and other church staff.
• Provide broad guidance and evaluation of church administrative functions.
• Guide us in growing a multi-generational congregation.
• Lead and equip us to reach
the unchurched for Christ.
Contact the Pastor Search Committee
For additional information about the position, contact the Chairman of the Pastor Search Committee at email@example.com or (757) 249-1280.
For a more detailed view of the requirements of the position, please click here.
To apply for the Senior Pastor position, please email your resume, letter of interest, links to sermon samples, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your package to Orcutt Baptist Church, Attention: Pastor Search Committee, 653 Baxter Lane, Newport News, VA 23602.
We will promptly acknowledge your inquiry.